Friday, April 11, 2008

"Then Shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily..."

So it has been an interesting couple of weeks here...Let me start with this...Our time in Cali has been anything but routine since we moved here in 2006, and we find ourselves now in April of 2008 with more questions and uncertainties than we started with nearly 2 years ago. We find ourselves at times just hurting for rest in our hearts, and we feel like we are one thread away from unravelling...

Have you ever been in that place where you are just begging God to speak...begging Him to to show you the next step...begging Him for rest? I think that is where Chris and I find ourselves a lot right now...

If there was ever a time we have just been broken down and at the end of ourselves it is now and then we remember... "I (God), I am he who comforts you; who are you that you are afraid of man who dies, of the son of man who is made like grass, and have forgotten the Lord, your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth, and you fear continually all the day because of the wrath of the oppressor, when he sets himself to destroy? And where is the wrath of the oppressor? He who is bowed down shall speedily be released; he shall not die and go down to the pit, neither shall his bread be lacking. I am the Lord your God who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar--the Lord of hosts is his name. And I have put my words in your mouth and covered you in the shadow of my hand, establishing the heavens and laying the foundations of the earth, and saying to Zion, 'You are my people.'" (Isaiah 51:12-16)..."Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for me?" (Jer. 32:27)... and then I consider him "who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that we may not grow weary or fainthearted..." (Heb. 12:3)

Today I find myself praying the words of that Casting Crowns song "East to West"...
"Lord, I don't want to end up where you found me...I feel like I'm just one mistake away from you leaving me this way. Jesus show me just how far the East is from the West. May we find your mercy and rest today..."

2 comments:

Jason and Vanessa said...

We love you guys so much! We will be praying for yall that you could just rest in the shadow of the almighty. We love you guys more than PB&J! I don't know what that means but there you have it. We can't wait to see yall in June we can all have a BIG cry/prayer fest.

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
(Psalms 63:1-8)

DonnaKMC said...

I love that song so much, I love the line that says..."I'm not holding on to you, but Your holding on to me." Be encouraged that He is holding on to you, and nothing can separate you from His grasp, not our sin, not our trials, nothing...He is holding you.
"Send forth Your light and Your truth, let them guide me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight, I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God." Psalm 43:3-4. I am praying for you...He's holding to you. Love you, Mom