Friday, August 15, 2008

D-ship Ideas...


Okay, so we started D-ship groups with our college group this summer and it has been amazing! Guys are off the charts growing and the girls are doing well too...although, ladies...I need suggestions...

Girls tend to not trust each other very well...group setting are fun for social time more than deep spiritual confession and accountability type time...I guess I'm asking for advice on how to break through some of that...Have ya'll been in D-ship group setting? How did they do things? Any advice? ideas?

I'm open to suggestions and certainly am praying for new ideas...a couple of girls here are praying and brainstorming with me...but I figured why not put my feelers out with the girls I love and trust...and I guess guys if you have suggestions you can add them too...heehee...

I know there is a spiritual battle at hand and the girls are timid of unpacking anything...I get it...pray for us if you think about us...we meet every Monday night...and if you have any ideas send them my way!! ;)

1 comment:

The Sappingtons said...

Hey Sara,
Just an idea I'm tossing out here...what if you create a deck of cards-type thing where you draw one from the stack and on it is written an open-ended question or statement that you gals answer. You could draw one card for the night that each answers who wants, or each gal could draw one that night to answer...however you choose. This is a good way that's non-confrontational and encouraging for gals to open up..especially once they see one or two of them share (including you).

Just an idea. I'll try to brainstorm more. I am definetely praying for you all.

Love ya!